The timeline for elections will generally line up with the above. Expect announcements of the specific dates and how to declare candidacy at the beginning of each semester. See below for the positions available, number of slots, when each can be run for, and the rules governing the elections.
The Student Government includes the following elected representatives:
- One representative of each section in the 1L class.
- Four representatives of the 2L class.
- Four representatives of the 3L class.
- Two representatives of the LL.M. program.
- One representative of the S.J.D. program.
- One representative of each transfer class.
During the Fall semester, Student Government holds an election for the 1L class Reps., L.L.M. Reps., the new Transfer Rep., and the S.J.D. Rep.
Halfway through Spring semester, there is another round of elections for next year’s 2L Reps., 3L Reps., and Co-Presidents.
In addition to the rules of elections laid out in the constitution and bylaws, the Election Commission has created the following supplementary rules.
5. An act by any person that (1) benefits a candidate(s) and (2) would violate the election rules or bylaws if done by the beneficiary candidate(s), may be attributed to the beneficiary candidate(s) if the beneficiary candidate(s) could have reasonably prevented the act.