The National Lawyers Guild is dedicated to the need for basic change in the structure of our political and economic system. It seeks to unite the lawyers, law students, legal workers and jailhouse lawyers to function as an effective force in the service of the people. The NLG brings together those look upon the law as an instrument for the protection of the people, rather than for their repression.
The HLS Chapter of the National Lawyers Guild is an association of law students dedicated to the support and defense of social, political, and economic justice and to progressive change rather than the acceptance and perpetuation of the status quo. Our aim is to utilize legal education and practice to help create a world that is free of oppression.
Activities the NLG is working on for next year include:
- A Disorientation Workshop for incoming students.
- Street Law Clinic workshops on workers’ rights, housing, and immigrants’ rights in local communities.
- Legal observing at protests.
- Talks by progressive lawyers and advocates.
- Building community with like-minded students and lawyers
Our current leaders are:
- Collin Poirot, Email: email@example.com
- Daniel Espo, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katherine Robinson, Email: email@example.com