We offer free tax return preparation to people who made $56,000 or less (per household) in 2019. While we can prepare tax returns for most tax residents, some taxpayers may have situations that are too complicated for our service. Click HERE for more detailed information.
Please note that due to certification restrictions we cannot prepare any returns for international students or individuals who are in the U.S. on F, J, M, or Q visas (regardless of whether they are considered tax residents or non-residents).
Our program is held at the main Cambridge Public Library at 449 Broadway. When you arrive, please obtain a numbered ticket from the information desk to reserve a spot in line. You can then take the elevator down to L2 where our program is housed.
Please note that we tend to be more crowded later in the tax season, so we recommend that you come to us as soon as possible to complete your return.
Our 2020 hours are:
- Fridays: 12:00PM – 4:00PM
- Saturdays: 10:00AM – 3:30PM
- Mondays: 5:00PM – 7:30PM
Our first session is on February 3rd, 2020, and we will run through April 13th, 2020. We are closed on February 17th, 2020 (President’s Day) and March 13th through 21st, 2020 (spring break).
WHAT TO BRING
Be sure to bring the following documents/information with you:
- Photo identification for you and your spouse (if married).
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse (if married), and dependents (if applicable). A copy or photo of your Social Security card works too, but most other documents listing your social security number will not. We will not be able to prepare your tax return if you do not bring Social Security cards for everyone in your family.
- Tax forms relating to any income you received. For a more detailed list of forms you may have received, click HERE.
- Information about any cash/check payments you received for other work.
- Tax forms and information relating to deductions/credits. For a more detailed list of forms you may have received, click HERE
- Tax forms and information relating to your health insurance. For a more detailed list of forms you may have received, click HERE.
- Your bank account number and your bank’s routing number, if you’d like your refund (if applicable) to be direct deposited in your account.
- Copy of last year’s tax return, if available.
If you are married and plan to file a joint return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com.