On Monday, Mar 26, the GSD held its very first event (co-sponsored by the Women’s Law Association & the Islamic Legal Studies Program: Law & Social Change, Harvard Law School). We are very proud of the success of this event, and we thank all those who attended.
- What the #MeToo movement looks like in the Global South and examples in the different regions
- The cost and obstacles faced by women in the Global South
- Criticisms of #MeToo in/by the Global South
- Whether men can be allies in #MeToo in the Global South
- The role of religion in #MeToo
- How to change the law in these regions to accommodate and protect women
Click this link to read the full notes on the panel discussion: Notes – Contextualizing the MeToo Movement in the Global South