We’re excited that you are considering joining our organization. The Federalist Society is one of the strongest groups on campus—all thanks to a large group of dedicated members. We hope you’ll join us.
- Mentors: Meet with 2Ls and 3Ls who can help you navigate classes, finals, professors, and course registration. Fed Soc maintains an informal mentoring database and hosts “section dinners” to connect new students with older members who were in the same section.
- Outlines: We collect outlines and exam answers from members who have succeeded in classes at HLS to help you study for finals. Gain access to our extensive outline bank after completing certain membership requirements.
- Fall Lawyers’ Convention in Washington, DC: Network with attorneys and federal judges from across the country. Hear from Supreme Court justices, famous senators and governors, and a wide variety of conservative leaders. Several members even found their 1L summer job opportunity here!
- Spring Students’ Symposium: Another opportunity to network with fellow Federalist Society members from around the country, all while attending panels by practitioners and professors on legal issues. Travel is subsidized for Fed Soc members!
- EIP Book: During 1L summer, receive the compiled wisdom of past Federalists on what to do (and what not to do) to ensure a successful EIP experience.
- 1L Jobs Panel: The first year of law school is a stressful time. Fed Soc wants to help make sure that the 1L job search doesn’t add to that by hosting a panel in the fall about the job search process, featuring members who spent their summers in a variety of sectors.
- Clerkship Advising: More information coming soon!
- Networking with Guest Speakers: More information coming soon!
- Happy Hours: Join fellow Harvard Fed Soc members for monthly drinks and socializing!
- Banquet: Every spring, Fed Soc partners with the Journal of Law & Public Policy for Banquet. The night features great speakers, food, and friends.