Equal Democracy Project believes that democracy is strengthened when everyone participates. To work towards that goal, Equal Democracy has created a Civic Engagement Agenda that outlines the pro-democracy policies that we will advocate for; the higher education reforms we will partner with Harvard on to ensure that students are ready to vote; and the grassroots actions we will be organizing this coming semester and beyond.
Read the full Civic Engagement Agenda here: EDP Civic Engagement Agenda.
The reforms we support include:
- Same-day voter registration and automatic voter registration
- Repealing strict voter ID laws
- Making Election Day a holiday
- No-excuse absentee voting
Higher Education Reforms
- Embed voter registration into institutional processes and programming
- Designate Election Day as a Harvard academic holiday
- Advocate for earning pro bono hours for election-related volunteering
- Partnering with student groups, faculty, and staff to cultivate a culture of voting and civic engagement at HLS
- Organizing voter registration drives on campus and virtually
- Coordinating social media campaigns to promote voting and civic engagement among the student body