Boston Volunteering Opportunities:
- Boston Children’s Hospital is one of the nation’s leading pediatric hospitals that is dedicated to improving and advancing the health and well-being of children around the world
- Donate blood at BCH
Donate artwork to BCH
- Cradles to Crayons is a non-profit that seeks to provide children from birth through age 12 with the everyday essentials they need to thrive — at home, at school, and at play
- Volunteer at the Giving Factory
- Donate needed goods
- Donate money
- Horizons for Homeless Children is leading the fight in Massachusetts to help alleviate the trauma and stress of homelessness on both children and their families by providing high-quality early education, vital opportunities for play, support for parents, and crucial advocacy on behalf of some of our most marginalized citizens
- Volunteer (temporarily suspended due to COVID)
Virtual Volunteering Opportunities:
- Do you have one hour a week for remote tutoring with an elementary or middle school student in the Cambridge Public Schools? If so, Cambridge School Volunteers (CSV) wants YOU!
- Tutors work with PreK-5th -OR- 6-8th grade students (1:1 or small group) to help with classwork/assignments, provide social-emotional support and mentoring in a weekly session coordinated by the CSV staff.
- Weekdays only (no weekend or evening after 4:30pm). Schedules vary depending on program or placement. Staff will match volunteers around their availability. This is a one hour per week commitment. All volunteer opportunities are remote via video conferencing (Google Meet or Zoom).
- Cambridge School Volunteers provides orientation and training for tutors and ongoing coaching.
- For more information, email Kasey Appleman at email@example.com
- Learn to Be is a non-profit that offers free and low cost one-on-one tutoring sessions to students from kindergarten to 12th grade
- Become an online tutor
- Career Village is an online platform in which students ask career questions that are answered by people working, or who have worked, in that field
- Volunteer to answer questions from students who want to be you when they grow up
- Table Wisdom is a social enterprise that brings mature adults and foreign-born students together for professional mentoring and conversational English-speaking sessions
- Become a mentor
- UPchieve is a free online platform matching low-income high school students in the U.S. with volunteer coaches
- Volunteer to provide math tutoring or basic college advice to help students improve their grades, academic motivation, and chances of going to college
- BookShare is an e-book library that helps people with dyslexia, learning disabilities, visual impairments, physical disabilities, and other reading barriers to read and enjoy stories
- Volunteering opportunities include scanning, proofreading, and describing images
- Learning Ally is a nonprofit organization aimed at helping dyslexic students with reading, reading comprehension, and other challenging areas of learning
- Volunteer to use your voice talent to bring juvenile fiction books to life,
help with video and audio editing projects, and help with quality assurance on completed audiobooks
- Valley of the Sun United Way is the largest non-profit investor of health and human service programs in Maricopa County
- Volunteer to read with kids! Volunteers will provide 1:1 reading support for 30min each week to 1st- 3rd grade students in Maricopa County; you can volunteer from anywhere with an Internet connection