The HLS Advocates for Education (A4E) is a student-run organization at Harvard Law School. We are an organization of students who are passionate about improving our nation’s education system and dedicated to raising awareness about current issues in education law and policy. A4E brings together students interested in these issues with practicing lawyers, policymakers, educators, and advocates. We seek to encourage greater understanding and participation by hosting various speakers and events throughout the year. Whether you see education as a passing interest or your life’s work, we hope you will join us!
Recent events have included:
- Education Law Week – our annual week of programming focused on current legal issues in K-12 and higher education
- Trainings for law students on skills such as interviewing children and trauma-informed lawyering, in collaboration with Harvard’s Child and Youth Advocates
- Panels on careers in education law
- Student panels on summer jobs in education law
- Events related to juvenile justice issues
- Events bringing together students across Harvard graduate campuses (including the Harvard Business School, Harvard Graduate School of Education and Harvard Kennedy School)
A4E recruits 1L students interested in getting more involved with the organization. For more information, please drop by any of our events or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Harvard Law School name and/or shield are trademarks of the President and Fellows of Harvard College and are used by permission of Harvard University.